Totnes St John's was proud to become the fifth member of the ACE family in December 2018. Our Committee works as a sub-committee of the ACE Strategic Board. They are volunteers who are elected or appointed by parents, staff or the Strategic Board to ensure we deliver successful outcomes for our pupils by:
· scrutinising strategy at local level
· providing vital monitoring and reporting on Trust strategy
· monitoring local stakeholder voice
· acting as a source of challenge and support to the Headteacher
· They monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making both academically and within its community.
They meet as a committee and as part of our trust wide portfolio monitoring cycle around five times per academic year. You can find out more about the work of Local Committees, what their remit is and how this contributes to the governance of our schools across ACE by visiting their website here: Ace | Academies For Character And Excellence or by reading the Scheme of Delegation here.
We would be interested in hearing from you if you have time to dedicate to this rewarding role on behalf of our school. Please contact our Clerk to the Governors in the first instance if you require more information.