Our EYFS Offer -Our Principles for EYFS Excellence
Our ACE EYFS Curriculum empowers and inspires children to be curious, empathetic, determined and unique individuals through cultivating their character. Children flourish in our Early Years settings because our teachers provide language rich experiences and put children’s individual needs at the forefront. We endeavour to provide outstanding learning environments that excite and challenge our youngest learners to try different experiences and develop their thinking skills. At ACE, we believe that parents and families are an integral part of our learning community and that education is a fascinating journey that we take together.
We aim to:
• Base our EYFS Curriculum on evidence-based research that is proven to have a profound impact on children’s development.
• Provide play-based and purposeful experiences that cultivate children’s confidence, independence and the ability to make positive relationships with others.
• Nurture children so that they develop physically, cognitively, emotionally and we ensure they are given a myriad of opportunities to express themselves in an environment that values all cultures communities and people.
• Build constructive, lasting and supportive partnerships with parents so that we can work together to ensure children’s wellbeing and academic excellence.
• Review and assess, then plan for individual, small group and balanced guided interaction with both direct teaching and child-led activities so that every child’s individual needs are met and all children make good progress.
• Ensure our Early Years curriculum puts an emphasis on embedding self-regulation and thinking strategies, such as the “Plan, Do, Review” approach because evidence shows these abilities are consistently linked with successful learning.
• Offer ambitious and inspiring learning environments that encourage children to be leaders of their learning and promote a life-long love of gaining new and exciting knowledge.
Inspiring Learning Environment
“Enabling environments mobilise the energy, attention, curiosity and focus of children”
Our recently designed provision is furnished with sustainable and natural materials ensuring our youngest learners have a comfortable and calming environment to thrive and flourish. We believe that our environment which encompasses the 7 areas of learning provides our learners with the opportunities to develop their character, independence, creativity and curiosity.
Our provision extends to our outdoor environment which children have access to all year around. We have a plan in place to further develop this space and have secured funding! This space offers children different opportunities and media to practice new skills and knowledge.
Our learning enhancements are planned carefully to meet the individual needs of our cohort and ensure they have opportunities to apply new knowledge and skills. We believe that children need a planned sequential curriculum giving them the firm foundations to continue their learning into KS1 and beyond.
Knowledgeable, Skilled Staff
We believe in a team approach to teaching and learning in the EYFS and therefore invest time in ensuring all of our staff have an excellent understanding of our curriculum, child development and the importance of quality interactions.
EYFS – Examples of EYFS Learning Experiences at Totnes St. John's
EYFS – Examples of Metacognitive Tools we use